Sunday, June 27, 2010

2 and 1

There are no words to describe how much I miss him already, and I get to see him one last time tomorrow.

----
Friday I spent the evening with him. Mostly helping him clean his room out. He's trying to gather up his stuff and throw away what he doesn't want so his family can make his room into a guest bedroom. I found it so much fun :) Seeing things from his past, learning about him as a child up to where he is now. Such an amazing change.
I got to stay with is family that night.

Saturday we continued the cleaning but mostly set up for his graduation/going away party.
I got him a frame and had his friends sign the border to place his senior photo inside. I think he liked it ;)
I convinced my mom to let me stay over again :) I was taking every moment I could have

Sunday we went to church, out to lunch with his parents, and then finished up some things with his room and preparing him to leave. They're were some tears among friends and family.
His parents prayed with us, for Zack and even for me.
Then we took him to the recruiting office to drop him off and talk with the Staff. Sgt. and say goodbye. Tonight he'll sleep at the hotel and prepare to swear in once more tomorrow.

And I'll get to be there, hopefully to see him swear in. To say last goodbyes, hugs, and maybe a kiss or two ;)
I can honestly say it will be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Maybe that makes me a wimp,  or weak, but it's the truth.
It's hard being the girlfriend. Spending time wondering what the last thing you'll say to him will be.
"I love you." I think that has got to top them all.
But I'd also like to tell him to think of me, to always remember to breathealways pray, and that I'll see him soon.

I doubt I'll be avoiding tears this time.

-------

And so the number is 1, it's almost done. He's on his way to his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment